Good Morning Parents and Guardians,
As most of you are aware, Governor Evers ordered a Mask Mandate from August 1st through at least September 28th. The Wautoma Area School District is required to follow this mandate; therefore, the Order requires: “Every individual, age five and older, in Wisconsin shall wear a face covering if both of the following apply:
a. The individual is indoors or in an enclosed space, other than at a private residence; and; b. Another person or persons who are not members of an individual's household or living unit are present in the same room or enclosed space.”
Linked below are the 1. Mask Mandate FAQ document, 2. The State Mask Mandate Document, 3. The State Mask Order Document. These items should address most of your questions.
Some important notes from these documents.
1. Students 5 years or older will need to wear a mask.
2. Masks need to be worn indoors at all times unless students and staff are eating or drinking.
3. Face Shields cannot be used as a substitute.
4. Masks are required to be worn even when exercising for athletics, physical education, or in the Fitness Center.
5. While a single individual is giving a religious, political, media, educational, artistic, cultural, musical, or theatrical presentation for an audience, the single speaker may remove the face covering when actively speaking. While the face covering is removed, the speaker must remain at least 6 feet away from all other individuals at all times.
The Wautoma Area School District will provide each student with 1 - Wautoma Hornet Logo Two-Ply Facial Covering, and 1 - White 3-Ply Cotton Facial Covering.
If this order is overturned or is modified before the school year starts, we will communicate to all parents and guardians as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about utilizing the Wautoma Area School District Virtual Learning option, please contact your respective building principal as soon as possible.
- Redgranite Elementary School, Caitlin Reinke at 920.566.2357
- Riverview Elementary School, Jewel Mucklin at 920.787.4590
- Parkside School, Deb Premo at 920.787.4577
- Wautoma High School, Jennifer Johnson at 920.787.3354