Dear Parents and Guardians,
On February 8th at the WASD Board of Education Meeting, I recommended the Board approve a return to 5 Days of In-Person Learning for our students effective the week of March 8th, the week directly after Spring Break, with a few conditions. This recommendation was based on current student data - districtwide 89% of our students are attending the traditional In-Person Instructional Model and quarantined student and staff numbers have stabilized. Also, in working with the Waushara County Health Department we have multiple mitigating strategies to address the COVID-19 situation.
The Board approved this recommendation with the recommended conditions:
1. Staff Members will continue to have the following Wednesdays to prepare for this transition: February 10th, 17th, and 24th.
2. Monday, April 5th is currently on our District Calendar as a Staff Work Day with no students and it will continue in that capacity. This is the Monday after the Easter weekend. School is closed for all staff and students on Friday, April 2nd.
3. Wednesday, May 5th will be added to the School District Calendar as a Staff Work Day with no students.
4. We will continue to do our best to provide educational services to our Full-Time Virtual students; however, our staff members will not be as readily available, as their primary focus will be placed on the 89% of the students who are attending In-Person.
5. Students who are quarantined for short periods of time will be expected to access Schoology to remain in contact with their work. They will also be provided with a chance to catch up on any missed work on their return.
If you have any questions regarding this transition, please contact me at 920.787.7112.
Tom Rheinheimer - WASD Administrator