A+ After School Programs
To engage youth in a variety of enrichment programs that promote positive youth development and enhance academic skills.
The A+ Program will promote a safe environment where A+ students are encouraged to learn, challenged to dream and express creativity and inspired to explore their school, community and world.
A+ After School provides academic enrichment opportunities for students in the Wautoma Area School District grades K-8 at Riverview Elementary, Redgranite Elementary and Parkside Schools.
A wide range of program services are offered, including: enrichment activities (academic, recreation, fitness, health, art and life skills); tutoring, homework assistance, field trips, daily snacks, and opportunities for community engagement. Additionally, programs are offered during spring break and Camp Parkside.
The program is funded by the Nita M. Lowey 21st Century Community Learning Centers Program, as well as the Community Service Fund, Title 1, donations, including Reach The Peak Race Fundraiser, and the Wautoma Area School District.
The Top Goals of the A+ Program include:
- Provide a safe, supportive environment for all
- Improve the academic ability of youth
- Strengthen life skills of youth for college, career and life
- Engage and educate adult family members
- Strengthen community, school and family partnerships
- Provide a high quality program
For more information, click here.
- 243 students participated in the A+ program
- 87% were regular attendees (attended 30+days)
- Of the regular attendees:
- 25% were non-Caucasian
- 52% qualified for free or reduced lunch
- 11% were students with limited English proficiency
- 16% were special education students
Teacher Surveys 2019-2020: Of the students that needed improvement
- 39% improved in homework completion
- 40% improved in class participation
- 42% improved in classroom behavior
A copy of the report will be available at each A+ location to view during the school year. The full annual report can also be downloaded below in PDF format.